IRS Needs People To Get Registered For The $1,200 Stimulus Check By October 15: Last week, IRS decided that stimulus check receivers will need to sign up to get $1,200 stimulus check. It got mailed out in a letter. The letter is issued to make eligible receivers aware, also, for those who did not understand how to get a stimulus check.
IRS Has Set A Deadline Of October 15 To Claim Your Stimulus Check
So, if you haven’t filed a federal income tax return, you must use IRS Non-filers tool by October 15 to get paid. It doesn’t matter if you are extremely poor or have no sources of income. People who are homeless can also get a $1,200 stimulus check. The only condition is that you must be eligible.
In simple words, if you are unemployed, poor or even homeless, you can still claim your stimulus check. However, you should be registered before the October 15 deadline. Also, if you get registered earlier, your stimulus check will reach faster.
Unemployed, Low-income And Even Homeless People Can Get A Stimulus Check
You can check if you qualify to receive a stimulus check. Below are the points one needs to keep in mind before claiming for your stimulus check.
- You must have a valid security number.
- One cannot be the dependent of any other taxpayer.
- Your gross income should lie between $75,000 or less if single; $112,500 or less if you are the household head and $150,000 or less if married filing a joint return.
- Lower payments are also available for those who earn more than the mentioned amounts, but your annual income should not exceed $99,000 per year or less for single, $136,500 per year or less if you are the household head and $198,000 per year or less for married filing jointly.
Use Non-Filers Tool To Get Registered For Stimulus Check
The Non-Filers tool is intended to help people in receiving their stimulus check. A single person who earns less than $12,200 is usually exempted from paying taxes. Married couples who earn around $24,400 are also not usually forced to pay taxes. If it sounds like you, then you should use Non-Filters tool to get registered.
- You should use the Non-Filers tool to get a stimulus check if you meet the requirements of the above criteria.
- Unemployment and homeless people can too receive their stimulus check.
- A person who hasn’t worked ever in his life or is unemployed for a long time can get their stimulus check.
Do Not Use The Non-Filer Tools If The Conditions Mentioned Below Do Not Apply To You
However, do not sign up by using Non-Filers tool if the conditions mentioned below apply to you.
- If you did not get your stimulus check earlier and you have already applied a tax return for 2018 or 2019.
- Suppose you were required to file taxes for 2018 or 2019 but didn’t do so. However, you can still file for your taxes. After that, the IRS will send your stimulus check if you are an eligible US citizen, permanent residents or qualifying resident aliens.
Also, read the Second Stimulus Check And SSDI: Know Everything Here!