Black lives Matter Featured US

Jacob Blake Says “I’m Not Guilty” During His Court Appearance!

Jacob blake's appearance at the court after one month
Jacob blake's appearance at the court after one month

Jacob Blake Says “I’m Not Guilty” During His Court Appearance!: Incident took place on 23 August 202, has now been taken to court. As Jacob blake made his first appearance at court through Video chat, many things came in the limelight. The case is not solved yet. Hence it will take some time to get a conclusion.

Therefore justice for Jacob blake is now in the hands of the court. However, Jacob blake has to be honest towards his statement through the entire hearing of the court. Lets us move ahead and see more about the case and get a clear vision.

Detail Overview of Jacob Blake’s case

Jacob blake's appearance at the court after one month
Justice for Jacob protest

Jacob Blake, a 29-year0old man got shot seven times on his back by Kenosha, Wisconsin police. The incident took place on 23 August 2020. A young man is an African-American who resides in Kenosha. The incident occurred when a lady called police saying that “one black man (Jacob Blake) is misbehaving and quarrelling with her at the streets.

Kenosha police arrived at the spot and without any concern started shooting at Jacob blake. Which further lead to large crowd gathering at the location. As a result, every member present at the spot became the eyewitness. As people could not see the harm to Jacob Blake, a person from the crowd hit an officer with a brick.

The officer injured one of the group members by hitting them with a brick. Jacob then was taken to the nearest hospital as he had already lost a massive amount of blood. He was directly taken to ICU by the doctors present. Hence doctors began with the treatment needed. However, Blake was in critical condition for many days.

Jacob’s Family Collected Donation Through A Gofundme Page.

Jacob blake's appearance at the court after one month
Gofundme fundraiser for Jacob

Gofundme is a fundraiser website available for all. It works for raising funds for the people in need. As Jacob’s family was not in the condition of treatment of Jacob, they took the request at Gofundme page. Jacob’s mother put up a requesting letter regarding donation for her son’s treatment.

Nevertheless, Jacob’s Family received a considerable amount of support and funds through Gofundme website. Hence after gathering of the fund, Jacob’s family had enough money for the treatment.

Jacob blake’s appearance at the court after one month

Jacob blake's appearance at the court after one month
Jacob Bake in the hospital

The injuries have left Jacob paralyzed. Down the waist and Hence probably won’t be able to walk again. He made his first appearance at court for the hearing of his ongoing case on Friday through video. Jacob is charged with some other previous cases too. He said:

“I am not guilty of the previous allegations.”

They have filed three charges against him. He’s charged for third-degree sexual assault, as well as criminal crime trespass and unruly conduct. They have accused Jacob Blake of sexually assaulting women at her place, stealing her credit card and withdrawing $500 form ATM on 3 May.

However, Judge approved a $10,000 signature bond for Blake. And he is only allowed to leave Kenosha only for treatment.

Policeman’s Statement Over Shooting Jacob Blake

Jacob blake's appearance at the court after one month
Jacob blake’s appearance at the court after one month

Policemen said:

“Jacob Blake was trying to take keys of the car that was not his.”

Further, he added”

“Blake had an open warrant for sexual assault.”

About the author

Akansha Mishra